July 9, 2013

Tilapia Tacos with Cherry Chipotle Salsa

I love tilapia and cherries so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. My dear boyfriend was scared for his life when I called him to bring me some rather odd items from the grocery store on his way home from work. I assured him I was not crazy, and that he would love what I had in store for dinner. I changed the recipe just a tad and added my own style to it, Simply Gluten Free has the original recipe.
Ingredients
2 cups thawed frozen sweet cherries, cut into quarters
1 glove garlic, minced
¼ cup red onion, roughly chopped
1 chipotle in adobo sauce pepper (or 1 -2 teaspoons pureed chipotle in adobo) – more if you like it spicier
¼ cup cilantro leaves
Juice of 1 lime
1½ teaspoons ground cumin
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
6 (4 – 6 ounces each) tilapia fillets
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 corn tortillas
Now this is what I did…
        ImageImage
Place the garlic and red onion in a food processor and pulse to chop.
Image
                                             Add the chipotle in adobo
ImageAdd cilantro leaves and lime juice and pulse to combineImageChop the cherries into foursImage Add the cherries and pulse just until they are roughly chopped.ImageDinner is served!
ImageI added avocado to the tacos and let me tell you it made them even better! I really loved how this recipe turned out, it is simple to make and refreshing. Great for a summer dinner party.Image

No comments:

Post a Comment